Halos are unique objects in Asura's Wrath. Halos are large disks that will, on occasion, appear behind the heads and backsides of beings such as the Eight Guardian Generals, and several other characters in the game. A halo appearing determines whenever a demigod is at full power.
Halos can often vary from person to person, and there are almost no two people who both have identical halos. While certain beings such as the Rasho and Taison possess more simplistic and nearly featureless ones, the Halos generated by more powerful characters (The Eight Guardian Generals, etc.) are often far more ornate and detailed in overall structure, which can more or less be either simply to represent the characters either on a more symbolic level, or just simply out of personal preference.
However, a Halos appearance may also signify the level of power that a individual is at, as the Eight Guardian Generals possess ornate and intricate halo where as The Emperor of Shinkoku has a more basic Halo likely establishing that he is not very powerful due to his non-comabative status. Other powerful characters that have ornate Halos include Mithra and Chakravartin.
Alongside its primary design, a Halos overall size also seems to be an indication of power as some of the most powerful characters in the game have been shown to bear Halos that rest behind almost their entire backsides while the more weaker one only cover the upper torso; Less powerful individuals have their Halos resting just behind their heads.
Mithra and Asura were the first people to display their full power. Mithra used her Mantra Manipulation powers and Asura used all his six arms. Millenia later, Wyzen and Augus also showed their halos when they each fought Asura in their respective battles. However, even with their full powers activated, Asura defeated both Wyzen and Augus, which means both had problems keeping up with Asura's ferocity. Yasha had also shown his own variation of a halo when attempting to redirect the beam of The Brahmastra, fight Asura in his Wrath transformation, and take on Deus in a one-on-one battle.
List Of Characters Halos:Edit
Eight Guardian Generals/Seven DeitiesEdit
- Asura: Asura's halo changes depending on his forms but usually consists of a large ring with two small rings on the bottom sides as well as blade-like spikes. It becomes larger and more ornate with each transformation, being at its largest and most ornate during his Destructor form. In his Destructor form the Halo has the ability to transform into a "jet-pack" of sorts and is likely the only one capable of using it as a tool.
- Augus: Augus possesses a simple ring as a halo with marking in it similar to the ones on his body. Since Augus is regarded as one of the most powerful demigods this is a contradiction to the theory that more complicated halos mean more powerful characters.
- Deus: Deus's halo is white and has spikes and other such details around it that makes it look like a sun.
- Emperor Strada : Emperor Strada's halo is a small golden ring. Its size and simplicity indicate that he is quite weak.
- Kalrow: His halo is mostly silver with some cloud-like markings at the top and a pointy end.
- Olga: Her halo defining characteristic is a sash like decoration surrounding it. There are also flower like designs in various places!
- Sergei: His halo consists of a cresent moon shape and a tiny ring orbiting the side. His halo is unique as it is the only one that is not a complete circle.
- Wyzen: In his regular form, Wyzen's halo is in a very simple form and is barely visable due to his girth, perhaps based on the fact that his regarded as the weakest of the Seven Deities . In his Gongen form, his halo is far larger in actual size but is very small when compared to the rest of his body only surrounding his head. It is worth noting that his halo remains when he is in that form instead of disappearing.
- Yasha : Yasha has a mid-sized halo that has a collection of spikes on the side that resemble wings, as well as two smaller rings on the side. This may be an over-observation, but the two smaller rings on the side are similar to Mithra's implying that there is a hereditary aspect to the halos apperance or a side effect of the pacifistic aspects of their personalities.
Other Main Characters Edit
- Mithra: Mithra's halo consits of five rings a large one in the center with flowers on the bottom side and four orbiting rings on each corners. Its large size indicates that she is in fact quite powerful due to her ability to control Mantra.
- Durga: Durga's halo if she has one has not been seen, but it can be assumed that she is too weak to produce one.
Demigod Foot SoldiersEdit
Doji: Doji have not been seen with halo, they are likely too weak to produce them.
Rasho: Rasho have small halos with no forseeable difference between them and others, this is likely due to their lack of individualism.
Taison: Taisons have small halos the same color as their "skin" although larger then the Rasho's they appear smaller due to their great size.
Kagebosh: They have often been seen with a collection of floating blue balls orbiting around there backs, it is unclear whether this counts as a halo or not. If so their halo is the only one to have a function (aside from Asuras "jet halo").
Primordial God(s) Edit
- Chakravartin: Chakravartin's halo appears as a collection of thin golden arms with upwards facing palms while the arms are arranged in a lotus shape. The Halo also portrays rainbow-like energy rippling out from it and luminescent energy core. It is quite possibly the largest of all Halos in his/her "human form" as his/her halo is large enough to encompass his/her back and he/she is at least twice the size of the playable characters, in his/her galaxy sized form his/her halo is also as large as his back making his/her halo the size of a galaxy.
Abilities and PropertiesEdit
If a demigod activates his or her halo, they gain an increase in power due to fighting at their full strength. Higher-level demigods are capable of fighting an entity like the Gohma alone and without help from others.
- The Halos themselves are to symbolize the demigods' status as holy and powerful beings to the Humans.
- Olga and Kalrow are the only Guardian Generals who had not revealed their halos within the main storyline