Gallery for Mithra is available: Here
|Occupation||Priestess of Shinkoku|
Yasha (Maternal uncle)
|Japanese||Rie Kugimiya (釘宮 理恵, Kugimiya Rie)|
|If you kill him, all the Mantra will be lost! Without Mantra, you cannot survive! Father!!|
|— Mithra to her father Asura|
Mithra (ミスラ, Misura) is the daughter of Asura and Durga, as well as the niece of Yasha. Chosen as the sole Priestess of Shinkoku, she is the only demigod able to control and amplify Mantra to the full extent of its power. Because of this, she has been taken against her will by the Seven Deities.
Mithra is a beautiful young girl with long black hair. She wears her hair in a braided style with a headdress, and long light blue dress. Her attire is similar to that of a priestess. In her casual dress she wears a robe-like clothing.
She is a kind and gentle girl and is happy when Asura returned from battle. She loves her father and mother and was greatly distraught when her mother was killed. Despite the fact that she was used by beings like Deus or Chakravartin, she was more than willing to endure it, if Asura could live.
Mithra is the daughter of Asura and Durga and the most recent priestess of Shinkoku. She could manipulate Mantra to its maximum degree which could be used to enhance the powers of other beings. Before Asura's supposed betrayal, Mithra aided the Eight Guardian Generals and her father by enhancing their powers in various battles against the Gohma. After Deus murdered the Emperor, Deus sent Sergei to kidnap Mithra, killing Durga in the process. Asura confronted the Generals, but Deus easily defeated him and threw Asura down to Gaea. After Asura was gone, the former Eight Guardian Generals - now known as the Seven Deities - used Mithra's powers to raise their own to god-like levels and used her to channel Mantra for over 12,000 years for The Great Rebirth.
12,500 Years Later
After Deus is defeated, Asura and Yasha free Mithra from the machine. Before father and daughter can reunite, Asura and Yasha are interrupted by Vlitra’s surprise reemergence from Gaea, now at the apex of its power.
Despite the Brahmastra being depleted, Asura and Yasha leave with Mithra’s blessings to face Vlitra. After Vlitra is slayed, Asura returns to the Karma Fortress to reunite with Mithra. Suddenly Olga appears behind Mithra taking her hostage. As she is about to kill Mithra, the Golden Spider appears and kills Olga, stating that he cannot allow anything to happen to his “vessel”.
The Golden Spider weaved a web around himself and Mithra, and transformed to his true form: Chakravartin. Asura tries to save Mithra in his Wrath form, but to prevent his destruction, she sends Asura falling down to Gaea along with Yasha.
While battling with Chakravartin, Asura breaks Mithra free and she urges him to stop. Mithra states that if Chakravartin is killed, all Mantra will cease to function. This will render all of Shinkoku's technology and the powers of the demigods useless, including those keeping Asura alive. Asura chooses to destroy Chakravartin nonetheless, resigned to his fate and happy to die so long as Mithra can live free from danger. Asura shares his final words with Mithra and dies.
Mithra is sent back to Gaea, where she integrates with the surviving humans. She spends many years recounting the tales of her father to the flourishing mortal children on Gaea before (presumably) passing away peacefully of old age. Her tales and stories spread through legend and humanity came to revere her father as a hero to all humanity.
Millions of Years later she is reincarnated with her Family in the Modern day, Asura's reincarnation defends her from Wyzen's reincarnation when he bumped into her. Despite it being an accident she cheers him on.
Powers and Abilities
Being the natural-born daughter of a Demi-god, Mithra possesses eternal youth and can survive in space without air. Her most unique ability is that she can manipulate and amplify Mantra, the ultimate source of power and life energy in the universe, to its full extent of its power. Mithra enhanced her father's powers so that he could defeat the Gohma. However, her powers were the reason why she was kidnapped, and as a result she was forced to enhance the powers of Deus and the other demigods to god-like levels.
When she was trapped by Chakravartin, Mithra was able to push Wrath Asura into space although he was barely clinging on with hand signs. It's unknown if this is the result of her increasing the strength of her own Mantra.
- "Fear not, brave warriors of Shinkoku. Our long struggle against the Gohma shall come to an end tonight. Oh, powerful Demigods! Purge our world of the impure Gohma! The life-giving Mantra is one with you. Faithful people of Shinkoku! Offer your prayers! They will become Mantra to aid us in battle. Let us offer Gaea the greatest blessing in the name of Emperor Strada. May the Mantra guide you to victory."--To humankind during the war with the Gohma
- "The Eight Guardian Generals that command you are the veteran elite. Purify any who threaten to desecrate our land, divine warriors of Shinkoku! Even if you fall in battle, your soul is eternal. With his Majesty's power, you shall be reincarnated in a golden paradise and rejoice in prosperity for all eternity."--To the Eight Guardian Generals
- "Wait! If you kill him, all the Mantra will be lost! Without Mantra, you cannot survive--(Pause) Father!!"--To her father Asura
- Mithra also has a resemblance to Talim from the Soul Calibur series.
- The girl who was present when Asura awoke (when he returned to his body after his second death) bears a great resemblance to Mithra.
- Mithra takes her name from a benevolent solar deity with a prevalent following in Hinduism. In Indian mythology, Mithra (Mitra in Indian) is the god of light, friendship, honesty, and contracts.
- Mithra's future self was revealed to be the narrator behind the Asura's Wrath storyline.