The Empire of Shinkoku-Shinto (Capital City)
Shinkoku Trastrium or simply Shinkoku was a unified nation on the planet of Gaea, founded in the ancient past. The structure of society was strictly hierarchical. Demigods were considered the superior/noble class and controlled the lower class humans. They were formed for the purpose of protecting the world and defeating the impure Gohma, though they changed their ways rather radically from strong defense to radical offense.
- 1 History
- 2 Territories
- 3 Military Structure/Weaponry
- 4 Power Source
- 5 Trivia
In ancient past, an advanced civilization known as Shinkoku Trastrium rose to power and unified the nations of Earth, then known as Gaea. Shinkoku Trastrium was a hierarchical empire, under which unaltered mortal humans comprised the lower classes, which was ruled by near-immortal genetically/cybernetically altered humans calledDemigods. The Emperor was the beloved figurehead of Trastrium and commanded the demigod military through his Eight Guardian Generals, an elite group of demigod warriors charged with protecting both Shinkoku and Gaea. The demigods controlled the supply of Mantra, a powerful energy source that is derived from emotions. Only demigods could manipulate mantra, which powers most, if not all their advanced technology and allowed the demigods to augment their physical abilities. The demigods promoted a new world religion based around their worship, and made great advances in science from the resulting influx of mantra.
Trastrium’s growth came at the cost of critical levels of pollution and overpopulation, which forced Gaea into action. The planet unleashed its natural immune system to restore balance to the world: the Gohma. In the form of endless hordes of mutated animals and creatures, the Gohma’s attempts to cleanse the world were barely fought off by Trastrium forces over millennia, with neither side possessing a way to decisively defeat the other. This eternal conflict became known as the War of Creation.
Asura was the newly appointed Demigod Guardian General of Wrath to the Eight Guardian Generals. Prior to the events of the game, his daughter Mithra was chosen by Emperor Strada, the 128th Emperor of Shinkoku, to be Trastrium’s Priestess, the ultimate amplifier of Mantra and morale for the Demigods in the War of Creation. Asura grudgingly approved, and went on to fight many battles with the help of his daughter’s prayers.
The War of Creation dragged on, punctuated every few thousand years with the awakening of Vlitra, a continent-sized Gohma that was the embodiment of the planet’s rage towards Trastrium and the Demigods. While suppressed by succeeding generations of Generals and billions of warriors, Vlitra and the Gohma eventually gained enough power to wipe out humanity and the demigods at the time of Vlitra's next awakening. Fearing defeat, the demigods begin construction of the Karma Fortress, an orbital space station which housed the Brahmastra, an ultimate weapon powered by Mantra, which could suppress the Gohma's presence over long periods of time.
With the coup d'état against the latest Emperor by Deus, the leader of the Eight Guardian Generals, the Empire of Shikoku Trastrium was completely overthrown and fell under the absolute control of the Seven Deities with Deus as the new ruler. However, due to events cause by the betrayed demigod, Asura, and the efforts of Yasha, former member Seven Deities, the empire of Shinkoku Trastium had been been thrown into disarray and eventually fell into ruins.
- Gaea (Homeworld)
- Shinto (Capital City): Shinto it where the main authority of the empire is held where the Emperor resides. It suspends in high altitude.
- Doji Mobile Units
- Doji Shield Units
- Rasho Bikers
- Kagebosh (Machination Troop Operator)
- Taison Specialist
- Taison Nyudo (Redemption Troop Colonel)
- Nirvana Ships
- Septentrion (General Ships)
- Corvette Lone Wolf (Yasha's personal hover bike)
- Drop Pods
- Wailing Dark (Augus' Sword)
- Sakra (Deus' Nunchaku)
- Twin Guns
- Mantra Cannon/Chaingun
- Robotic Implantation: Demigods are genetically/cybernetically enhanced beings that transcended the normal limits of humans.
- Energy Transference: The Demigods are able to turn Souls into Mantra, which they use machines to power their weapons and themselves.
- Prayer Empowerment: Demigods are beings who are powered by Mantra, metaphysical energy that can be founded in either living beings and prayers.
- Size Manipulation: One of the Seven Deities Wyzen is capable of changing his size from being larger than human, to mountain size and even to planet size.
- Emotion Empowerment: The Elite Demigods are capable of becoming stronger from the Eight Mantra emotions of Wrath, Pride, Melancholy, Lust, Violence, Greed, Sloth and Vanity.
- Lightning Manipulation: Deus the leader of the Seven Deities is strong enough to generate and manipulate lightning.
- Human Physiology: Demigods were originally humans who were powered by the Mantra, even regular humans came to treat them of a divine stature.
- It is theorized that Shinkoku is somehow connected to Okami.
- According to the UDON Comics and books based around Capcom media, Shinkoku is believed to be more dangerous than Darkstalker's Makai Realm.