Gallery for Wyzen is available: Here
God (God of Violence)
Eight Guardian Generals (formerly)
|Occupation||Guardian General (formerly)|
|Japanese||Chafurin (茶風林, Chafūrin)|
Wyzen is the tallest and largest member of the Seven Deities. Wyzen wore crimson and yellow baggy pants with a purple sash and a vest matching the same colors. He had a dark skin tone and wears the symbols and markings which most Deities do on his arms, torso, and face. He had a beard made of golden-colored hair while the hair on his head was tied up in a bundle. His most notable trait was his massive metallic golden right arm which portrayed an ornately formed structure and a face carved into the middle. Wyzen also possessed a high level of girth to match his size.
Wyzen is loyal as well as cocky and arrogant which tends to get the best of him in battle. This is shown when he taunted Asura incessantly and showed off his powers at the cost of underestimating his opponent. He takes great pride in his status as a god and flaunts it towards others at any given opportunity. He is known for being incredibly dramatic and loves to strike extravagant poses to others to emphasize his greatness. He also appears to lack a degree of common sense and intelligence as he casually wasted a vast amount of mantra the Seven Deities had collected for the Great Rebirth in a final attempt to defeat Asura, causing Kalrow to call him a idiot. Wyzen is also the most prejudiced of the Seven Deities, as he greatly sees humans to be greatly inferior beings to himself and his kind. Hints were given that Wyzen is the God of Violence.
Before Asura is betrayed, Wyzen first appears alongside Sergei and Kalrow and tries to persuade Asura into Deus's cause but he refuses. Later he appears aiding him alongside Yasha and Augus during the battle against the Gohma fleet above the planet, Gaea. Following after the victory against the Gohma, he then found out about the Emperor's death due to being "murdered" by Asura. He quickly deemed him a 'traitorous filth' upon cornering him.
12,000 Years later
When Asura returned, Wyzen confronted him, mocking him about Asura's failure. Enraged, Asura engaged Wyzen in battle, however, Wyzen was more powerful than before and could match Asura's powers. The fight didn't last long as Asura's rage granted him the power to defeat Wyzen. But the latter didn't accept his defeat and transformed into a giant form of himself. Wyzen told Asura that it was Mithra's power that granted him this amount of power. Now calling himself Vajra Wyzen, he fought Asura in the sky and on the ground. Asura had to defend himself as Wyzen's powers went on another level.
The energy projectiles shot by Wyzen caused Asura to go from defense into offense, so Asura attacked Wyzen with everything he had. Wyzen, losing his advantage attacked Asura again, both their fists hitting against each other in the sky. Asura however was able to hit Wyzen's huge body with such force, that Wyzen was shot into the atmosphere. Asura had defeated Wyzen, at least it seemed so. Wyzen, floating over Gaia, unleashed his full power and transformed into Gongen Wyzen, his most powerful form, which was as huge as Gaia itself. Using only his finger, Wyzen tried to destroy Asura. Full of Rage, Asura collected all his power and stopped Wyzen's finger. Then he summoned all six of his arms and punched with immense speed against Wyzen's fingertip. The last punch, filled with Asura's rage and strength, caused Gongen Wyzen's fingertip to implode. This caused a chain reaction which slowly destroyed Wyzen's body. Shocked, Wyzen could only watch as his body was completely destroyed.
Wyzen later reincarnated into the modern world where he pushed the reincarnated Mithra who made the reincarnated Asura mad and beat him up.
Powers and Abilities
- Strength: As one of the the original fighters of the Eight Guardian Generals and Powerhouse of the Seven Deities, Wyzen possessed herculean physical strength, enough to rivalize Asura many times during their battles and destroy building-sized Gohma.
- Durability & Endurance: Due to this huge body, Wyzen was greatly resilient, as he could withstand various blows from Asura.
- Mantra Control: Wyzen also possesses an enormous decorated golden gauntlet which hides an array of projectiles, missiles and energy orbs to use in battle and where he concentrates Mantra to deliver devastating blows. Wyzen's trademark move with his large gauntlet is known as the Kurikara Fudo Uchi: in which he concentrates his Mantra into his fist and dives at his opponent at high speeds coupled with his size to inflict monstrous damage capable of killing a Gohma Crusher in one strike. Wyzen has also been shown to be able to collect souls with his giant arm.
- Immortality: Such as the other demigods, Wyzen had longevity and was unable to age. Futhermore, he could also survive in areas such as outer space or the moon without any form of discomfort. He also couldn't be killed by conventional means and can only be destroyed by other deities or the Gohma.
- Vajra Wyzen: Wyzen was able to shapeshift as seen, when he transformed into his gigantic form, Vajra Wyzen which granted him a great boost in strength, durability and power which increased the destructive capability of his projectiles and missiles.
- Gongen Wyzen: Later he transforms into his godlike form, Gongen Wyzen, which grants him a tremendous size enhancement, making him as big as Gaea and immensely augmenting his already massive strength, durability and power to incalculable heights. However, this consumes huge amounts of Mantra.
- "What Lord Deus spoke of was true. It has been a while, traitor. I never actually thought you would be foolish enough to come back!"-- To Asura
- "Hmph...Do not tell me you have forgotten everything? How could you forget the Great Wyzen! Open your eyes, traitor! Kneel before one of the Seven Deities!"-- To Asura
- "The Eight Guardian Generals who knew only war are no more! We Seven Deities rule and maintain order throughout the world. We have become gods! And you are a fossil, Asura. Your power is nothing more than a vestige of the past. Defeating the Great Wyzen is a dream within a dream! Enough chat! Time to die!"-- To Asura
- "Ah, how pitiful. Your ears have become so sullied that you cannot even comprehend words of purity! Feel my wrath!"-- To Asura
- "Scared speechless, are you? While you had slumbered for 12,000 years, we attained new heights! Witness the power bestowed upon us by our Priestess, your very daughter, Mithra!"-- To Asura (After transforming)
- "Can you feel it? She suffers to atone for your sins and to bring about the Great Rebirth. Oh, it is such a tragedy. If you care for your daughter then kneel before me. You are no longer a Demigod. You are nothing more than a traitor."-- To Asura
- "Do you think a mere monkey like you can defeat a god!? Behold! I shall show you our true power! Mantra Reactor, release!! I call upon the power of the Mantra!!-- To Asura (before changing into his final form)
- "I am Wyzen of the Seven Deities. I am an absolute being that protects the world and its mortals."-- To Asura
- "Asura the traitor; Asura the destructor; You do not belong in this world. Die!"-- To Asura
- "We...Aaaaaargh!!"-- Wyzen (Last Words)
- His final form resembles a Daibutsu, a statue of Buddha.
- Wyzen's name is plausibly another form of the old word 'weasand', which was the name for the gullet, throat, or esophagus. This name most likely refers to Wyzen's colossal girth and his propensity for bellowing monologues.
- The Gongen name in his final form was believed to be the manifestation of an Indian Buddha in the form of a local kami, an entity who had come to guide the people to salvation, ironic as he kills humans and takes their souls for the Brahmastra, along with the souls of any humans killed by the Gohma.
- Wyzen is the only character other then Asura to show more than one transformation.
- According to Kalrow, Wyzen is the weakest of all Seven Deities which is very ironic. As Wyzen is one of the most powerful of the Seven Deities whereas Kalrow is the weakest due to his age.
- With the exception of Yasha, Wyzen is the only one of the Eight Guardian Generals whose Mantra Affinity is not one of the Seven Deadly Sins.